Inspired Lately #1: New on Netflix, Supporting Bloggers & Seeking Recommendations
Welcome to the first post of the "Inspired Lately" series. Here I will share some of the things I have been inspired by lately, and I hope you will respond by introducing me to things you have been recently inspired by too!
I'm kicking things off with two things created by bloggers that I have been incredibly excited about. The first is a book, the second is a podcast. Let's start with the book.
NEW ON THE SHELF
I have always loved Anushka Rees' blog, previously known as Into Mind, and more recently she published a booked called The Curated Closet. I am working hard to declutter my home but I'm mostly focusing on building my ideal wardrobe of quality clothing I love. I'm so excited to take time out today to properly crack it open and get started on my "curated closet" or "capsule wardrobe" journey which I, of course, will be documenting on the blog.
CURRENTLY LISTENING TO...
This is probably no surprise, by I spent a half hour on Friday listening to Anna and Lily's new podcast series, At Home With..., at work. Their first guest was Jo Elvin, editor-in-chief of Glamour UK. Owning an Android phone, I listen to this on Acast and I loved seeing the photos of Jo's home pop up as they discussed note-worthy parts of her home. I believe the next episode will release on Wednesday featuring Kate of Kate la Vie. I adore Kate and her style, so I can't wait!
THE FRIDAY NIGHT BINGE WATCH
Master of None season 2 by Aziz Ansari was released this past Friday and I just couldn't stop watching. M (my boyfriend) and I started watching after dinner and we were hooked until it the last second of the last episode. I love the way this show is written and filmed. It lightheartedly touches on relateable topics from relationships to families to internal self conflict. Fingers cross it will be back with another season soon.
THIS WEEK'S INSTAGRAM DISCOVERIES
Getting back into the blogging game meant getting involved in social media again. Instagram is probably my favourite social media platform, and this week I encountered three feeds I can't get enough of. Go on, give sofieuh, ameliaasays, and heleneisfor a follow.
THAT'S IT FOR NOW FROM ME,
although quick little updates for those who care:
- I'm doing a gradual wardrobe overhaul and, fingers crossed, I hope some of you are interested in this journey.
- I want to start sharing some recipes for meals, drinks, and snacks that M and I make regularly.
- I'm still working to get my blog back up to what it was and also add all the content I've planned to add. It's a long work in progress.
- I plan to post core content on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays, and will fit smaller posts in on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays if time permits.
- M and I are headed to Quebec City later in the year. If any of you have recommendations on places to see, shop, and eat, please let me know!
BY THE WAY, PLEASE SEND POST RECOMMENDATIONS & DON'T FORGET TO ENTER MY GIVEAWAY.
I'm always looking for post ideas and want to post more of what you want to see! Please do send any recommendations my way. Hope you're having a lovely weekend.
Until next time!