Life Lately: The "Things You Need Too" Edition4.10.15
I didn't plan on making a post this lazy Sunday. All I really planned to do was clean, work, and eat but hey, I figured I'd write a little about what I've been up to and what I've been obsessed with. Let's keep things informal.
The short version of this post would be a list about the things I've been loving. It would look a little like this:
1. Drake General Store, your quirky things are just too hilarious to not have. Talk about adding fun to your life.
2. It has been tough resisting buying everything at Aritzia but so far I've stuck to this way-too-comfy Community Veritas Shirt and way-too-chic-for-me Babaton Pearce Wool Coat.
3. Looking for a new food blog? You should probably check out Honestly Nourished because it's honestly ah-may-zinggg.
4. The Nordstrom Ottawa beauty department is a beautiful trap full of lovely bits like the Jo Malone Wood Sage & Sea Salt Cologne and the Drybar Triple Sec 3-in-1 Texturizer. If you're ever there, go see Chris at Burberry and tell him I sent you. Say hi!
5. My partner, M, has made me appreciate brunch and the occasion sweet treats. He introduced me to Pressed for brunch, Cacao70 for sweet treats and the best dark chocolate mochas, and plenty other quality food places I should probably write a whole post about soon.
Being back in Ottawa has been great. Although nothing will replace the West Coast where I call home, I do consider Ottawa my second home now as I've become so familiar with the place and have grown to really enjoy it here.
After all the updates that have been made to the city's offerings, I'm so glad to see the shopping has improved. The Drake General Store re-opened in The Bay on Rideau, shelves stocked full of fun goods from onesies to Squish Candies to the British Columbia toque I will proudly wear in the cooler months. Hooray for Canadian made goods.
So long story short, when I'm not glued to a self-study guide for a network management certification or stuck at work surrounded by either cables or cubicle walls, I've been out and about in this either scorching hot or freezing cold city of Ottawa. My two hour daily commute to and from work hasn't been terrible as it gives me time to read the paper or blogs, and living downtown has meant that everything I like to go to is within walking distance. Hello, weekly bowls of delicious Tom Yum soup from Phuket Royal in Chinatown.
I could share so much more about what I've been up to lately that you need to experience too, but I need to get going. In the meantime, give me a list of questions for an overdue Q&A post. I'd really love to connect with all of you more.
Until next time!